Cultural Responsive Sustaining Educator
DKP provides visual storytelling, arts, and photography education. For more than a decade, DKP has been in collaboration with universities, departments of education, and community support organizations to explore cultural identity for youth. DKP customizes learning experiences for students, teachers, and parent groups.
Using the Cultural Responsive Sustainable Education framework along with visual storytelling, arts, and photography, DKP facilitates learning experiences that support schools and their stakeholders in reimagining the climate and culture that is affirming of racial, linguistic, and cultural identities.
- Up to 15 students per group
- An in-person introductory session
- 7 hybrid sessions (75-minute per session)
- An in-person mobile video editing session
- An in-person film festival
- Flexible calendar and timeframes
- Experienced Leadership Consulting
- Customizable one day workshops
What about equipment?
- All sessions use mobile devices to create photographs and video
- All sessions use mobile devices to edit video using free software.
Who should partner with DKP?
- K-12 Schools
- School District Teams
- Institutes of Higher Education
- Parent Teacher Association , Parent Association, School Leadership Team, District Leadership Team, Community Education Council Organizations
- Social Service Organizations
- Private Agencies
This program helps to explore
- Your own culture and identity
- Advance the understanding of how to build equitable environments
- Nurture cultural responsive environments for learning while using multimedia
If you would like to know more, fill out the form below and let's chat!